[Note: I did NOT write this and I doubt the validity of the point "not completing the quest", since I did observe ageing timers starting before the end of the quest!]
Share with us your tips and tricks for how you use the new auto-aging feature in the Life Dreams Update. [Note from Perturbee: Share at the ABOVE link!]
Here are a few tips from us to give your favourite Sims a long life:
- Don't use your favourite Sim to complete the Life Dreams Quest. This will ensure that you still have control over your Sim, at least until your Life Dreams Quest has been completed.
- All of your Sims will only begin to age automatically once the Life Dreams Quest is completed, so if you're not sure just yet how you want your Sims community to grow, make sure that you put off completing the Life Dreams Quest until you've had time to plan it.
- You also have the option of not completing the Life Dreams Quest, but keep in mind that you won't be able to access other future content without it!
- Get your hands on some Platinum Life Orbs; use some of your Sims that you feel more comfortable building a legacy for to fulfill Life Dreams to earn upgraded Platinum Orbs (it will take four Sims to fulfill Life Dreams using the same Life Orb) to keep your favourite Sim at the same age indefinitely!
- If your Sim is ready to age before you're ready, you can use LP to return that Sim back to the start of their current age group/stage in life, rather than confirming that you would like them to move forward.
- Automatic aging will only work while Sims are performing actions in the game; this means ALL actions that Sims can do, including sleeping, planting, going to work, etc. Sims that remain idle will not age a day! But, they may not be happy without being able to maintain their needs.
Also, remember that any feedback that you have on the update or new features that you would like to see in future can be posted in our Feature Request forum. Our team will consider all ideas posted there, so head on over and let us know what you think!